Primary Digital for Homeschool
Primary Digital is an online digital curriculum for grades 1-5 built on the same pedagogical principles of the Singapore Mathematics approach. Combining multimedia technology with instructional strategies to offer an engaging teaching and learning experience,
Primary Digital can be used in the classroom, for teaching and classwork, and at home, for homework, catch-up, or review.
With Primary Digital you can:
Assess Students’ Understanding
- Pre-Test and Post-Test: Allow teachers to check for students’ understanding in a timely manner – before and after each chapter. The tests are assignable as online homework for students. When assigned through a customized lesson, these tests are auto-graded and teachers are given a detailed question analysis. Question formats comprise: multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and drag and drop.
- Grade Test: Provides teachers with clear feedback of students’ understanding of concepts learned throughout the grade level. The test can be assigned as homework, and answers are auto-graded. Teachers will get a detailed analysis of students’ achievement, and can then take action for appropriate remediation.
Engage Students in Learning
- Teach: Allows teachers to teach using their own teaching styles when presenting lessons. Teachers can use this component to explain concepts confidently, and effectively use high-quality graphics and animation. Each “Teach” is a ready-made lesson for teaching and is designed to promote interaction. Helpful hints guide teachers to ask insightful questions as they interact with their students. Teachers can also pause at appropriate points to draw attention to key ideas and reinforce understanding. This component comes with built-in interactive whiteboard features.
Encourage Independent Learning
- Learn: Provides additional support for students to learn independently or revisit lessons for review and remediation. Using the Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract (CPA) approach, students’ conceptual understanding is effectively developed. This component comes with engaging graphics and animation coupled with voice narration to clearly explain concepts.
- Guided Learning: Allows teachers to check students’ understanding through step-by-step practice problems. Students may also use this section independently or in a group, as answers are provided for self-evaluation and learning. The scaffolding approach is easy for students to understand and helps to build their confidence.
Reinforce Learning for All Students
- Assist Practice: Helps students who require extra support to acquire new skills with more visuals and guidance. Students can work on problems individually or in small groups with the aid of timely reminders before presenting their answers. Students can then review their answers to address any questions or misunderstandings.
- Benchmark Practice: Enables on-level students to practice key concepts from the lesson and gain procedural fluency. This component has the same features as Assisted Practice.
Provide Timely Intervention
- Intervention Assessment: Allows home educators to diagnose if a student requires intervention in Skills and Procedures, and/or Problem Solving, for a number of chapters at a time. The assessment also helps you to diagnose if your students require minimal or intense intervention. You can then assign appropriate intervention resources to the students.
- Intervention Packs: Provide instructors with resources that can be assigned to students after each Intervention Pack, comprising lesson and practices, is put together to meet the specific needs of students who require the level of intervention and focuses on Skills and Procedures, and/or Problem Solving. These differentiated resources ensure that students’ learning needs are supported, and competence in mathematics is achieved for all students. Coming Soon
Create Customized Solutions – Anytime, Anywhere
- Primary Digital helps home educators address their students' unique learning needs by more effectively by enabling them to put together individualized lessons.
- Students can be assigned lessons for one-on-one sessions or as independent practice. Progress, such as the completion status of specific components, is easily tracked and information on the students’ achievement in the practices and tests will be readily available.