Math Works! Teacher’s Guides 5A and 5B are designed to help teachers meet the learning needs of pupils who require greater support when learning Mathematics. It helps teachers in planning and conducting mathematics lessons in accordance with the approach taken in Math Works! coursebooks and workbooks.
Features of the guides for 5A and 5B:
- Specific Instructional Objectives are given for each unit with reference to pages in the coursebooks and workbooks.
- Vocabulary lists key words that pupils have acquired in each unit.
- Lesson Guides consist of detailed suggestions on how to conduct lessons for each unit. These include question prompts to guide teachers through the lessons. Suggestions on how to infuse Singapore’s Ministry of Education initiatives, such as National Education, in the lessons are also provided.
- Learning Difficulties are highlighted in each unit so that teachers can take such errors into account during lesson planning.
- Teaching Points and Teaching Ideas serve to further enhance lesson plans.
- Learning Station suggests hands-on activities corresponding to each unit. Teachers can carry out these activities to introduce fun and lively discussions into the lessons while pupils practice the skills taught in each unit.
- Bulletin Board provides a myriad of suggestions for teachers to design lively lesson aids to display on class bulletin boards.
Above extract is adapted from the back cover of
5 Teacher’s Guide.
Teacher Guide 5B includes reproductions of the coursebook and workbook pages with answers inserted.
Recommended for both classroom and home school teachers using the Math Works! textbooks and workbooks.