Primary Mathematics Standards Edition is a series of elementary math textbooks and workbooks from the publishers of Singapore's successful Primary Mathematics series. Adapted to align with the Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools, the program aims to equip students with sound concept development, critical thinking and efficient problem-solving skills.
The Workbooks correlate directly to the Textbooks so that learners consolidate new mathematical concepts with focused practice.
Features of the workbooks:
- Each chapter in the Textbook has corresponding exercises in the Workbook which serve as an extension of the learning in the Textbook.
- Math at Home activities (for Grades 1 and 2) in tear-out sheets provide opportunities for meaningful family involvement in the students' learning process.
- Review exercises at the end of each unit facilitate evaluation and consolidation of concepts covered in the preceding units.
Components of the
Primary Mathematics Standards Edition series:
The above is an extract from Preface of Primary Mathematics Standards Edition Workbook (reproduced with the permission of the publishers).
- Textbook Parts A and B
- Workbook Parts A and B
- Teacher's Guide Parts A and B
- Home Instructor's Guide Parts A and B (available for levels 1-5)
- Extra Practice
- Tests Parts A and B
These workbooks are consumable and should be used in conjunction with the Primary Mathematics Standards Edition textbooks. They contain the exercises the student does independently.
Primary Mathematics Standards Edition textbooks and workbooks DO NOT contain answer keys. Answers are in the home instructor's guide (available for levels 1-5) and the teacher's guide (available for all levels).
Primary Mathematics Standards Edition 1A-6B workbooks are meant to accompany the Primary Mathematics Standards Edition 1A-6B textbooks and contain exercises for the student to do independently. The exercises allow students to practice and apply concepts learned in the lessons. They should be used with the textbooks and are not recommended for use by themselves.