Textbooks introduce concepts through logical sequencing. Lessons encourage discussion and help students reach fluency through engaging activities and strategies. Corresponding exercises in workbooks help students consolidate and practice new knowledge.
Features & Components:
- Chapter Opener: Each chapter begins with an engaging scenario that stimulates student curiosity in new concepts. This scenario also provides teachers an opportunity to review skills.
- Think: With guidance from teachers, students solve a problem using a variety of methods.
- Learn: One or more solutions to the problem in Think are presented, along with definitions and other information to consolidate the concepts introduced in Think.
- Do: A variety of practice problems allow teachers to lead discussion or encourage independent mastery. These activities solidify and deepen student understanding of the concepts.
- Exercise: A pencil icon at the end of the lesson links to additional practice problems in the corresponding workbook.
- Practice: Periodic practice provides teachers with opportunities for consolidation, remediation, and assessment.
- Review: Two cumulative reviews provide ongoing practice of concepts and skills.
Note: Two textbooks (A and B) for each grade correspond to the two halves of the school year. Answer key not included. Soft cover.