Lessons begin with a class activity to encourage discovery. Worked examples of new concepts are followed by similar questions for students to solidify their understanding.
- Basic Practice: Simple questions that drill comprehension of concepts
- Further Practice: More challenging questions that involve direct application
- Challenging Practice: Questions that require synthesis
- Maths@Work: Questions that apply mathematical concepts to real world situations
- Brainworks and Enrichment: Questions involving higher order thinking or an open-ended approach to problems
Each chapter in Grades 7-8 is followed by a review exercise. The Extend Your Learning Curve activity encourages students to consider math outside the classroom with questions requiring sentence or paragraph reflections on their learning experiences.